- Midwives Alliance of North America (MANA)
This organization honors diversity in midwifery backgrounds and fosters unity among midwives.
- American College of Nurse-Midwives
Information on the training and practice of nurse midwifery, and the new Certified Midwife (CM, non-nurse).
- Midwifery Education Accreditation Council
"It creates standards and criteria for the education of midwives that reflect the nationally recognized core competencies and guiding principles of midwifery care set by the Midwives Alliance of North America. "
- North American Registry of Midwives
Information about the organization which is responsible for administering the Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) Credential.
- Citizens for Midwifery
Midwives Model of Care! CfM works to provide information and resources that promote the local midwife, as well as midwives and midwifery care across the country!
- Coalition for Improving Maternity Services (CIMS)
Created the Mother-Friendly Childbirth Initiative which provides guidelines for identifying and designating "mother-friendly" birth sites including hospitals, birth centers and home-birth services.
- International Center for Traditional Childbearing
Organization and school for black midwives
- National Association of Childbearing Centers (NACC):
Defines the birth center concept and the midwifery model of care for expectant parents, birth center professionals, and health policy advocates
- Midwives of Washington
Washington State Midwifery Info